Friday, October 22, 2010

Recovery

Unless he is making a funny face, Cavell will not tolerate pictures. I haven't bothered him for one since Tuesday. Here is his funny face. He picked off another scab in ChildWatch today and this was the bandage they created since I didn't have his bandanna with me.  He didn't want me to take it off.  When I did anyway, he wouldn't let me take any more pictures.
When we got home later in the day, Cavell let me take some pictures if I held the camera the right way and let him take pictures of me.  He makes me say "Almond Milk" since I'm not eating cheese right now.

I tried to get a shot of Cavell's closed eye.  It is difficult to see (because he wouldn't hold still long enough for me to get it) but he has some green, flaking skin on his eyelid.  I think this is from all the rubbing he did to his eye when he was trying to see.

The resiliency of children is AMAZING.  Wednesday was the last time I heard someone comment that they thought he had on Halloween makeup or a mask; The Incredibles being the most common description.  The only really dramatic part of his appearance now is how quickly he has healed.  All of the puffiness is gone from his eyes.  Even the bruising is very faded.  While his skin is becoming mottled, the discoloring is dispersing rather quickly.  He still has a big knot on his forehead, but nothing like it was.  He has done such a thorough job picking at his scabs, there are only two left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He did look remarkably like a member of the Incredibles family.