Sunday, October 17, 2010

No More Pictures!

Cavell is a bit tired of us taking his picture.

I took some shots on Saturday while he and Alayna were playing FireMan and FireGirl!

I can see how his eyes look like a Batman mask while he is in superhero pose. Actually, he made me think more of the Power Rangers.

When he was done being FireMan, Cavell told me he was done taking pictures.

He was still adamant about it at bed time.  He started trying to hide his face by squashing it.  We are able to get a shot of the bruise that appeared on the back of his knee.  He has some other bruises that we are finding in surprising spots.  We think they were deeper bruises that have started to move and are now showing up on the surface.

The only way Cavell would agree to any pictures is if I let him do funny faces.
Then he smiled for us.

Cavell is still waking with his eyes swollen shut. Fortunately, the swelling goes down during breakfast.  I planned to start taking him out again when we could see his eyes.  Now that we can he has begun to pick on his scabs.  That wouldn't be too bad, except he becomes a walking "bio-hazard".  See, he doesn't bleed when he takes it off, he oozes.  It's disgusting.

2 comments:

Tara Oliver said...

oh my gosh, I can't believe his eyes are still so bruised and swollen. what an injury!! poor little guy. it makes me cringe to see the pictures. hope it keeps getting better, and quickly!

Diamond said...

I talked to a gal whose daughter had a couple of black eyes. She said it took 6 weeks to go away, and that Cavell's is "25% worse" than her daughter's was! Her daughter also reassured me that they do not hurt, even when they are painful for us to look at.