Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

This morning I ran the St. Patrick's Day Treadmill 5k at our YMCA.  While I was aiming for some time between 25:30 and 26 minutes, I was quite happy with my 27:01.  I earned some Lucky Charms.

Alayna was very excited for the today's "Green Out" at the Y.

We tried a shamrock hairdo and decided to add a little green.

In ChildWatch the kids tie-dyed some shirts in green and gold, received green leis, party blowers, shamrock stickers, a hat or crown, and their own Lucky Charms treat.  Alayna had her face painted; a bejeweled, glittered butterfly on the left and a rainbow with a pot of gold on the right.  Miss Nell also painted a shamrock on Alayna's hand.  She wanted to make sure you saw it in the picture.  Cavell decided he needed to pose the same way.