Friday, April 15, 2011

Tale as Old as Time

Belle and the Beast came to Alayna's school to sing one of their duets and invite the children to ask their parents to take them to see the show.  She had been asking me about going since then.  Friday afternoon I finally made the decision that I would take Alayna to see the 7 o'clock performance of Beauty and the Beast.


It was a production by the New Braunfels Christian Academy drama department.  The teacher said that over 15% of the student body was involved in this production!  The gal that played Belle was fantastic.  For a high school senior, she was amazing.  We could also tell that "Gaston" had a lot of good experience behind him.  After the Beast sang his song (If I Can't Love Her) and I was applauding, I also explained to Alayna that what he had just sung was very difficult and he had done a fabulous job.  Only after the play did we discover this was the boy's first experience in acting, and he hadn't even known he could sing before getting the part!?!

When asked what her favourite part of the night was, Alayna replies that it was after the show when she got to meet Belle.  I wish I had kept a program so that I could give this young lady proper credit with her name.  Belle was very kind to talk with Alayna and have her picture taken.  Alayna hopes that we will have this picture printed and framed for her room.  The Beast (now Prince) was also nice and spoke with Alayna but we didn't manage to get a picture with him.

No comments: