Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Jelly Bean 10k

I ran my Jelly Bean 10k at the gym, on the treadmill, Wednesday.
One of the Y gals took my picture at the beginning of my run
I tried to take one at the 5k mark.  I wanted to show my race bib and not my armpit.  This was more difficult to do than I thought it would be.  Maybe this was because I was running at the same time.

My goals for this run were to get under 60 minutes, no matter what.  Even better would be 58 minutes.  I am happy to say, I PR'd at 57:17!

While I did walk a 1/2 mile to cool down, this is me picking up the boys from Child Watch 8 minutes after finishing my run.  Lex did not care how sweaty or smelly I was; he just wanted to be loved by his mama.

I thought it would be fun to take our picture with the Y's Easter bunny, Daisy.  Cavell made bunny ears and an Easter "basket" with eggs (all paper cutouts).  He very happily hop-hop-hopped over to Daisy's cage.

2 comments:

Tara Oliver said...

that is really really great, Stacy!! good job!!

Tiffany said...

Awesome! I'm really impressed that you could run a 10k on the treadmill. You inspire me with all your running, one of these days I hope to start up again. :)