Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Learning

I'm sure there should be a Christmas post here, somewhere.  But, we aren't the best at blogging, especially during the busy holiday season.

I did want  to share my latest game with Lex.  When Alayna was little my mom made a simple matching game with coloured squares of felt.  I don't know why I wait so long to start playing this game with my kids.  Each one has LOVED matching the colours.

It took me matching a couple of  squares before Lex caught on to the idea.  Then he became a master - without teasing me by matching the wrong colours.  Bonus, he tries to repeat the colour name after I say it.

After each match he would say, "Yeah, I did it!" while raising his arms.  When all the pieces were matched he came at me for a big hug with more cheering and then sat down to play it again.

1 comment:

Tara Oliver said...

I love that second picture. what a cutie. :) I love the idea of such a simple game. thanks for sharing!