Friday, February 05, 2010

Sandwich Bread Victory

After four years of failure and disappointment, we have made gluten free bread that can be used for sandwiches. I do mean we, because Alayna and Cavell both helped me make it yesterday.

Here it is, right out of the oven.
And the extra neat thing? I don't need to show a picture of it 5 minutes later, because it looked the same!

Just look at these beautiful slices!
And the taste is much better than the loaves we can find in the Gluten Free aisle.

I was able to send Alayna to school with a sandwich made on bread. Cavell needed to be convinced he wanted his sandwich on bread instead of waffles. But, once I sliced into the loaf he was happy to go along.

I cut it into little triangles!

The next trick I need to learn? How to slice bread evenly. We have plans to make french toast Saturday. Extra funny, because Paul wants to try making it in the waffle iron.

Paul also wants to try making a gluten free artisan loaf in the dutch oven.

No comments: