Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Sounds of Cavell

We thought we would share a few sound bites of Cavell as he is finding his voice and learning to communicate with the world.

13 December 2007. As Paul and I are working on our computers after the children have gone to bed, we hear a sound we have never heard before. Turning on the baby monitor we hear Cavell vocalizing for the first time! We are excited and amazed. After discussing how sweet it is and how much the grandmothers would LOVE to hear such sounds, we remember our mp3 players can record. This is what we recorded from the monitor.
boomp3.com (46 sec)
Even after recording and listening (and listening again) Cavell is still "talking." I can't resist making another recording.
boomp3.com (35 sec)

random picture inserted, just for fun

3 January 2008. Cavell was fussy and I am taking him to his crib for a nap. As always, we stopped in front of our hall mirrors. This calms him down and he likes to smile at himself. Alayna joins us and blows Cavell a zerbit.



Alayna blows Cavell a zerbit. Cavell laughs. Alayna blows another and Cavell laughs again. While he has laughed a little before, he had never laughed this much and it had always been to a tickle or a toss. This is the first time he is laughing because he finds something funny. As this continues I once again remember I can make a recording. I get the player, even though I am certain the game will stop after the interruption. I explain to Alayna that I want her to zerbit again so that I can record Cavell laughing. He found it just as funny as before.
boomp3.com (53 sec)

The next day Alayna asked me to get the recorder so that Cavell would laugh at her zerbits again.

Disclosure. The clips were longer (1:15, 58 and 1:27 respectively). Fortunately for you, the free version of the .wav to mp3 program only converted 60% of the clip.

No comments: