Saturday, July 31, 2010

Everything's Coming Up Annie!

I was able to take Alayna to her first play. Annie!

GNO!

The theatre

Tickets in hand.

Waiting for the show to start.

Intermission

Alayna would not clap for Miss Hannigan, Rooster or Lily because they are mean. But, she did say that the people playing them did a good job. She was so excited watching the show that she kept creeping to the edge of her seat, until she was almost standing and taping her feet. I tried to watch her as much as the show, and there was always a smile on her face. A couple of times I even caught her mouthing along to the songs.

Alayna got to meet Annie after the show, and she gave her a hug. She was very excited about that. Sadly, no picture. Of course, Annie never curled her hair and had changed into regular clothes before she came out, so most would have wondered who this girl was that Alayna was hugging if I had taken a picture.

1 comment:

Tara Oliver said...

wow, it's apparently been a while since I've read your blog! (it's been a while since I've read anyone's blog!) love all of your posts - the crayons thing gives me an idea I never would have thought of before, so thanks! this post about going to the play with Alayna reminded me of Jonathan taking Savannah to her first movie. someday she'll stay up late enough at night (or be able to catch a matinée, I guess) to see a play. :)