Monday, June 11, 2007

Sunday Dinner
I remember having waffles for Sunday dinner sometimes growing up. This treat wasn't very often because cooking waffles for seven hungry kids was a challenge I'm sure my parents weren't up to every weekend. Even more rare than waffles for dinner was the addition of a slice of ice cream on top of the last waffle or pancake.

Alayna really liked her dinner!!

Since changing to a gluten free diet we have found that waffles are a great food to have around. We cook a double batch of waffles almost weekly and freeze the excess to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for Alayna the rest of the week. I'll admit that I really like eating a waffle sandwich myself. Those crevices really hold the jelly.

Last Sunday I decided to teach Alayna about the joys of eating a bit of ice cream on top of a waffle. There is just something so tasty when the icecream melts into a hot waffle.

There is a waffle under all of that, I promise. This particular waffle is topped with Chocolate Trinity ice cream. It's an indulgent chocolate ice cream with a ribbon of chocolate fudge and chocolate cups filled with chocolate truffle. On top of the ice cream is whipped cream and on top of that is a butterscotch caramel topping. The only thing missing is a cherry, and pralines, and . . .





No comments: